About Me

Mein Bild
Freelancing software developer / architect, mobile geek. Topics: Software technologies (java, groovy, agile), politics, web, science, green, mobile, android.
Homepage: www.tutaona.com

"The absence of limitations is the enemy of art." - Orson Welles

Montag, 21. November 2011

My New Notebook Lenovo T520

After 3 years with my Lenovo T61p I decided that it's time to get a new machine. My old one had 4GB RAM and as I'm running a 64 bit ubuntu it started to run out of RAM constantly when working on software projects. The disk was also busy virtually all the time and really slowed down the machine very much. I bought a refurbished machine from the German Lenovo partner www.nbwn.com. It's almost new but with a mind blowing price of 1035 Euro, which I find very cheap for this specs:
  • Lenovo T520 4243-WR7 (CTO)
  • Intel Core i7 2620M 2x 2.70 GHz
  • 8 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 320 GB HDD
  • 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080)
  • Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • 720p WebCam
  • DVD Multiburner
  • Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
  • Bluetooth
  • 9 Cell Battery
  • Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
  • On-Site warranty until 04/2014
The machine has got a Danish keyboard so I ordered an US-English international one which will install by my self. For some time already I wanted one of these shiny new SSD's on the market and now was the time to get one. I decided for a crucial m4 with 128 GB which is IMHO the best bang for the buck at the moment as it really got fast after recent firmware updates.

Installing the SSD was quite painless. But now I need to install ubuntu 11.10 oneiric ocelot on the machine. I guess this endeavor will result in some posts the following days...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen